The Robot Report’s Steve Crowe is joined by Kevin Dunlap, Managing Partner at Calibrate Ventures to discuss recent robotics investments including the Berkshire Grey SPAC and Locus Robotics’ $150 million Series E. Calibrate’s portfolio includes Built Robotics, Embodied, Farmwise, Misty Robotics, Soft Robotics, 3D Robotics and more.
Listen to this article
Welcome to Episode 36 of The Robot Report Podcast, where each week Robot Report editor Steve Crowe reviews the latest robotics, automation and intelligent systems news and announcements, and interview leading roboticists, leaders of innovative robotics companies, and other key members of the robotics community.
For The Robot Report Podcast sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Nagle.
In this podcast, Robot Report editor Steve Crowe speaks with Kevin Dunlap, co-founder and managing partner of Calibrate Ventures, a California-based early stage venture capital firm. Kevin breaks down some of the major robotics investments that have recently taken place, including the Berkshire Grey SPAC and Locus Robotics’ $150 million Series E. He discusses how SPACs could change the future of investing, how Calibrate Ventures evaluates companies to invest in, and he shares advice for young startups looking to raise funding.
Crowe also comments on other top robotics stories including, Motional testing Level 4 driverless robotaxis in Las Vegas, ABB introducing its next-gen cobots and NASA’s video of the Perseverance Rover landing on Mars.
- 0-7:40 – Show Intro; the world owes Boston Dynamics an apology
- 7:44-46:58 – Conversation with Kevin Dunlap, co-founder and managing partner, Calibrate Ventures
- 46:57-54:00 – News Commentary: Motional’s L4 robotaxi tests, Berkshire Grey SPAC, NASA video
- 54:01-55:01 – Show Outro
Want to Be a Guest?
If you would like to be a guest on an upcoming episode of The Robot Report Podcast, or have recommendations for guests, please contact Steve Crowe. For sponsorship opportunities for The Robot Report Podcast, contact Courtney Nagle.
- Podcast – Locus Robotics CEO Rick Faulk on $150M Series E and Unicorn Status, Plus Wilder Systems’ Cobots and Waymo’s Robotaxi
- Podcast – Tertill CEO Helen Greiner on Gardening Robots, Plus Aurora Partners With Toyota
- Podcast – Motiv Develops Perseverance Rover’s Arm, Oxbotica’s AV Software, & Boston Dynamics, Waymo News
- Podcast – A3’s President Jeff Burnstein on North American Robot Sales, Plus Canvas Robotic Drywall Solution, More
- Podcast – American Robotics’ FAA Approval and BLOS Operations, Boston Dynamics Dancing Humanoids, and Cruise’s New $2B Round
- Podcast – Teradyne’s Acquisition Strategy, Plus Mobile Manipulation and Bossa Nova Robotics Falters
- Podcast – AMP Robotics & Recycling Automation; Festo & the MassRobotics-GM Gripper Challenge
- Podcast – Boston Dynamics’s Future Following Hyundai’s Acquisition, DARPA’s SubT Challenge, More
- Podcast – Pittsburgh Robotics Cluster, Aurora Acquires Uber ATG, AutoX’s Driverless Fleet, More