1Kosmos, a Somerset, N.J.-based cybersecurity solution to provide digital identity proofing and passwordless authentication, raised $15m in Series A funding.
ForgePoint Capital provided the funding.
The company intends to use the funds to accelerate growth and product roadmap.
Led by CEO Hemen Vimadalal, CTO Rohan Pinto and CSO Mike Engle, 1Kosmos comes out of stealth mode to offer a security platform that brings high identity and authentication assurance levels through advanced biometrics and a private blockchain ecosystem. Its family of products include BlockID Verify, BlockID Workforce and BlockID Customer.
Since launching, the company has already developed a portfolio of partners and clients including Verizon, Hitachi and RSA Security and assembled an advisory board that brings together top professionals in the cybersecurity industry. The board members include:
- Mike McConnell, Chairman of the Board and Vice-Chairman at Booz Allen, Former Director of NSA, Department of National Intelligence, US Navy
- Art Money, Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for Command, Control, Communications and Intelligence, Former CIO Department of Defense, Airforce
- Kirstjen Nielsen, Former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security
- Kemp Ensor, Former Director of Security and Counterintelligence at the NSA
- Patrick Gorman, Executive Vice President of Booz Allen
- Bob Rose, Advisor to the NSA, Secret Service, and NSA and ODNI
- Chris Perry, President of Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc.
- Peter Carroll, Partner at Oliver Wyman
- Ramin Safai, CISO & CTO of Jeffries
- Jim Ducharme, General Manager, Anti-Fraud Business Unit at RSA Security
- Dan Lohrmann, Chief Strategist & CSO at Security Mentor, Inc.
- Alberto Yépez, Founding Partner at ForgePoint Capital